★★ Kollaboration Los Angeles 2013 ft. Run River North ★★
Friday, July 26th | Ford Amphitheatre
**TICKETS ON-SALE 7/1**
Kollaboration invites you to the beautiful Ford Amphitheatre this summer to enjoy performances by ten of the most talented Asian American acts in Los Angeles. The winner of our local talent competition will have the chance to represent Los Angeles in the national contest Kollaboration Star and win the $20,000 Grand Prize. This year features an exceptionally skilled and diverse lineup including...
ASHLEY YOON | Singer
EVMB | Beatboxer
EVOKE | Dance Company
HANA KIM | Acoustic
JOHN & DANIEL RHEE | Acoustic
JUSTIN KLUNK | Saxophonist
MIKE B | Hip-Hop Artist
PRISKA | Singer/Songwriter
RUSSELL CURRY | Rapper
VERSEATILE | Hip-Hop Artist
Hosted by Paul Pk Kim
Special Guest Performance by
RUN RIVER NORTH (formerly known as Monsters Calling Home)
with Guest Judges
AIMEE LEE LUCAS | Choreographer
GEORGE SHAW | Composer
KERO ONE | Hip-Hop Artist, Producer
MISTER ROCKS | DJ, Producer
== WHY YOU NEED TO GO ==
-Enjoy amazing performances by talented artists on a summer night!
-Support Asian American entertainers and the API Community!
-Outside food and beverages are allowed! Bring your picnic basket! :)
-Giveaways throughout the night!
-The Infamous Kollaboration Freestyle Vocal & Dance Contests! Win $100 Cash and Prizes!
starting at $15
TICKETS ON-SALE 7/1
Afterparty Info Coming Soon...
For more information about Kollaboration, please visit www.kollaboration.org or connect with Kollaboration on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Kollaboration
LOS ANGELES, CA – Kollaboration is once again searching for the most talented Asian American performers to feature in its second annual Kollaboration Star. Following the success of the inaugural Kollaboration Star 2012 last year, Kollaboration Star 2013 will return in October to give its performing artists an even bigger platform to share their talents and increase their visibility. This year, Kollaboration has amped up the national competition with an ultimate grand prize of $20,000. With this new cash prize, Kollaboration hopes to inspire more talented artists to pursue their dreams and expand the focus from its local talent showcases to a national talent search, especially as Kollaboration contestants now have an incredible opportunity to gain attention from a larger audience and use the prize money towards the pursuit of their crafts.
Since 2000, Kollaboration has provided a creative platform for Asian American performing artists to showcase their talents on stage to live audiences in cities across North America and with the advent of Youtube and social media, through videos to online audiences throughout the world. Notable performers who have graced the Kollaboration stage include Far East Movement, Dave Elsewhere, Dumbfoundead, Quest Crew, Jo Koy, David Choi, Kina Grannis, Clara C, and many more.
In 2012, Kollaboration partnered with Mnet, the youth entertainment cable television network, to produce the reality television series “Kollaboration Star 2012,” which detailed the stories of 12 winners from the Kollaboration city talent shows nationwide. The top 7 finalists, voted in by the online viewing audience, were then flown to Los Angeles to compete in the live competition, Kollaboration Star 2012 – The Finale. For the first time, a national champion was selected and pronounced as 2012’s Kollaboration Star. Kollaboration Honolulu’s Mike Izon not only took the title and cash prize, but also received the opportunity of the lifetime when he was flown to Hong Kong to perform on the Red Carpet of the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA), alongside some of the biggest celebrity names in Asia.
Kollaboration is now looking to crown its next Kollaboration Star for 2013. For performers who are interested in competing at Kollaboration Star 2013 for a chance to win the $20,000 grand prize, the process begins by auditioning for a local Kollaboration chapter’s show. To apply for a local audition, please visit www.kollaboration.org.
Thank you everybody for applying! With so many talented applicants (almost setting a Kollaboration record this year!), it will be very tough to decide who moves on to the live auditions. We will send out notifications early this upcoming week. Thank you again to all the of the performers who applied and continue to pursue their dreams!
Why audition for Kollaboration Los Angeles?
Each year, Kollaboration Los Angeles puts on a talent competition to showcase the best Asian Pacific American talent in the region. Kollaboration Los Angeles is a great opportunity to increase your exposure in the entertainment industry and the Asian American community. You never know how far you'll go until you try! Kollaboration Alumni include Far East Movement, Dumbfoundead, Quest Crew, David Choi, Kina Grannis, Clara C, and many, many more.
The winner of Kollaboration Los Angeles will also have a chance to advance to our national talent showcase, Kollaboration Star. The winners of all 14 Kollaboration cities will be placed to an online vote, and the six highest vote-getters will be flown to Los Angeles to compete as Finalists at Kollaboration Star. A seventh finalist will be chosen by the Kollaboration Directors. Last year's Kollaboration Star Winner, Mike Izon, received an all-expense paid trip to the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) in Hong Kong and had the opportunity to perform at the MAMA Awards Red Carpet and meet many important people in the entertainment and media industry. This year, the Kollaboration Star Winner will receive the ultimate Grand Prize of $20,000!
Step 1. Read through our Rules & Regulations (below) and fill out an Application & Talent Release Form (on the next page). *The application requests for a video link of a past live performance or exhibition of your talent!* Applications are due Friday, April 19th.
Step 2. Our staff will review your application, and on Monday, April 22nd, you will be notified if you are invited to participate in our live auditions.
Step 3. Live auditions will be held on Saturday, April 27th, location TBD (it usually takes place in downtown or Koreatown). If you are applying, please keep this date available in case you are invited! Performances will be judged on Skill, Stage Presence, and Creativity.
Step 4. On Monday, April 29th, we will announce our finalists who will perform and compete at Kollaboration Los Angeles.
And then it's on to Kollaboration Los Angeles on July 26th at the Ford Amphitheatre!
RULES & REGULATIONS
Please read through all of the rules carefully! If you do not meet these requirements, you may be disqualified from participating.
- Kollaboration Los Angeles Auditions Submission deadline is April 19, 2013. On Monday, April 22nd, selected participants will be invited via email to the Kollaboration Los Angeles live auditions.
- If selected for live auditions, ALL members of your performance MUST be present at the time and date of the live audition assigned by Kollaboration Los Angeles staff. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time. (This means, you cannot add or substitute or remove performers at a later date, except under extreme circumstances)
- At least 1 (ONE) member of the group must be Asian/Asian-American.
- NO profanity or foul language, such as racist and sexist remarks, is allowed.
- Artists are responsible for providing their own music, instruments, props, etc.
- If under the age of 18, permission is required by a parent or authorized guardian. Proof of age with an official identification card must be presented upon request by Kollaboration Los Angeles staff.
- Artists are expected to adhere to all contracts and forms signed with Kollaboration Los Angeles.
- Artists must be available for the entire day of Kollaboration Los Angeles showcase on July 26, 2013.
- Kollaboration Los Angeles staff reserves the right to refuse performances to artists for disorderly conduct that Kollaboration feels is unacceptable or against the theme of unity, creativity, and celebration to the Asian American community.
Kollaboration Los Angeles, Executive Director Job Description
We are searching for a new Executive Director to lead the Los Angeles Chapter of Kollaboration. Kollaboration is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion and advocacy of Asian/Pacific-Islander (API) participation and advancement in entertainment and media. Kollaboration began in 2000 and currently has 15 chapters in cities across North America. Each chapter is operated by a local volunteer staff, headed by a volunteer serving as Executive Director, and each year, every chapter hosts an annual Kollaboration talent showcase for its local community.
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of Kollaboration Los Angeles (Kollaboration LA). The Executive Director reports to the Kollaboration Officers and is responsible for Kollaboration LA’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. In program development and administration, the Executive Director will:
Specific committee responsibilities:
- Assure that Kollaboration LA has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Kollaboration Los Angeles Staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Kollaboration Officers.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of Kollaboration LA’s work.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in entertainment, media, and issues affecting the API community.
In communications, the Executive Director will:
- See that the Kollaboration Officers are kept fully informed on the condition of Kollaboration LA and all important factors influencing it.
- Publicize the activities of Kollaboration LA, its programs and goals.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- Represent the programs and point of view of Kollaboration LA to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
In relations with staff, the Executive Director will:
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the Kollaboration Officers in preparing a budget; see that Kollaboration LA operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit Kollaboration LA to carry out its work.
- 2+ Years experience leading a non-profit organization or group
- Proven ability to fundraise and successfully manage an operational budget
- Experience working with the API community in the Greater Los Angeles Area
- Experience working within the entertainment/media industry is a plus
Episode 4 of Kollaboration Star featuring the competitors from the west region! Make sure to watch and cast your vote at www.kollaboration.org/voting-poll!!
Episode 4 - Part 1 of 3
Episode 4 - Part 2 of 3
Episode 3 - Part 3 of 3
Episode 3 of Kollaboration Star featuring the competitors from the east region! Congrats to our winners, Maybe Refuge & G. Yamazawa!!
Episode 3 - Part 1 of 3
Episode 3 - Part 2 of 3
Episode 3 - Part 3 of 3
Date: Friday, November 16, 2012
Venue: Sedthee Thai Eatery - 239 N. Brand Blvd, Glendale, CA 91203
(across the street from Alex Theatre)
Afterparty - $20 // Door Price - $25 (Open Bar sponsored by Hite Jinro)
Purchase Tickets Here: http://www.kollaboration.org/kollaboration-star-2012-tickets
Episode 2 of Kollaboration Star featuring the competitors from the mid/south region!! Congrats to our winners, Jun Sung Ahn and Kavi Vu!!
Episode 2 - Part 1 of 3
Episode 1 - Part 2 of 3
Episode 2 - Part 3 of 3